You(th) do It! is a platform run by CHOICE for Youth & Sexuality. A careful approach to personal data is of great importance of CHOICE for Youth & Sexuality. Personal data is carefully processed and secured. In doing so, we comply with the law and regulations relating to the protection of personal data, such as the Personal Data Protection Act – which enters into force from 25 May 2018 – and the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). The data processing operations have been reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority in The Hague as fas as required. The obligation to report stops with the start of the GDaPR (AVG).
The responsibility of processing personal data
CHOICE is responsible of processing your personal data, which means that CHOICE determines the purposes and means for processing and that CHOICE is responsible to comply with legal requirements.
Objectives of processing personal data
When you visit CHOICE’s website, request information via our website, register for our newsletter, request a service or contact us by telephone or e-mail, we will record your personal data.
CHOICE processes your personal data for various purposes, but we only process the personal data necessary for this, which is limited to your full name and (e-mail)address.
CHOICE has the following objective to process your personal data:
- To be able to contact you;
- To send you information;
- For concluding and executing (volunteer, donor and other) agreements;
CHOICE also uses your personal data for relationship management and activities to increase our database of volunteers and stakeholders to inform you on our activities and news. We always aim to consider your personal preferences. If you do no longer wish to receive e-mails with updates on activities and news, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From volunteers we will only process personal data necessary to complete volunteer agreements. These personal data are not processed for other purposes.
Legal grounds of processing personal data
CHOICE may only process personal data if legal grounds apply. The following legal grounds apply for processing personal data by CHOICE:
- In the context of the formation and/or execution of an agreement;
- In the context of research;
- To comply with law (e.g. accounting, tax obligations and obligations referring to mandatary laws and regulations);
- In cases of the legitimate interests of CHOICE, in which we guarantee limited impact on your privacy. For example, we process personal data in relation to:
- The exercise and defense of the rights of CHOICE, for example in legal disputes;
- Creation of profiles to manage volunteers and/or donors and stakeholders, and the identification of needs of donors and stakeholders’;
- To take care of and improve the website, whereby CHOICE can determine your visit behavior in order to provide you with targeted information, for instance for Google Analytics. CHOICE applies the logic that your IP address is linked to your actions on the website, on which we determine your preferences. We always request your explicit permission beforehand.
Security of personal data
CHOICE has approriate technical and organizational procedures and measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawfull processing.
By the end of March 2018, CHOICE has established a data security policy, including organizational and electronic measures, which is in line with the European Personal Data Protection Act.
Exchange of personal data
- CHOICE can exchange (personal) data internally, but ensures that the European data protection standards are applied.
- CHOICE cannot be held liable if it has to provide personal data to local authorities, in accordance with applicable legal obligations and regulations.
- CHOICE will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your personal data available to third parties, except as described in this privacy statement or with your prior consent.
Correctness of personal data
By communicating your personal data you guarantee that these are accurate and complete. CHOICE can deny access to the websites or parts of it temporarily or permanently when communicating false identities, incomplete or incorrect data.
Storing personal data
CHOICE does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose of achieving the purposes for which the data are processed, and in any case as long as specific regulations require.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to access your personal data, the right to request correction, restriction or deletion of your personal data and you can also request the transfer of your data. Finally, you can object to use your personal data.
If the processing of your data is based on permission, you can withdraw it at any time.
You can send your written requests or questions regarding privacy-related matters to: email@example.com
You will receive an answer as soon as possible.
You are also entitled to submit a complaint about the use of your data with the Dutch Authority for personal data.
Would you like to know more about the Personal Data Protection Act? Look at laws.overheid.nl
Amendments to privacy statement